ASE Maboneng

Client: African School for Excellence 
Construction Budget: USD82,500 
Area: 450m² 
Address: 5 Beacon Rd, New Doornfontein, 2094 
City: Johannesburg 
Categories: 
Project Type: 
Completion Year: 

This is the pilot school in the African School for Excellence’s (ASE) inner-city schools programme, which looks to place small-scale, low-fee private schools in over 100 locations in the Johannesburg CBD over the next ten years. Naturally, very few  commercial spaces in urban areas are entirely suitable for school purposes and the project is one […]

Trevor Huddleston Center

Client: Trevor Huddleston Memorial Centre NGO 
Construction Budget: USD289,170 
Area: 450m² 
Address: 71 Toby Str. Sophiatown 2092 
City: Johannesburg 
Categories: 
Project Type: 
Completion Year: 

One of the few remaining structures from old Sophiatown, the AB Xuma House, is situated at the corner of Edward and Toby Streets. The house belonged to Dr Alfred Bitini Xuma, who was elected president of the African National Congress in 1940. In 2007, the City of Johannesburg acquired the Xuma House and signed an […]

ASE Tsakane

Client: African School for Excellence 
Construction Budget: USD1,033,000 
Area: 3000m² 
Address: Cnr. Puseletso & Tsakane Str. Tsakane 1548 
City: Ekurhuleni 
Categories: 
Project Type: 
Completion Year: 

The African School for Excellence (ASE) educational model was designed specifically to address the needs and challenges of African secondary school scholars that are eager to learn, but with barriers such as school funding and tuition costs keeping many of them from reaching their full potential. A construction firm had originally won the contract to […]

Outreach Foundation Community Centre

Client: Outreach Foundation NGO 
Construction Budget: USD206,550 
Area: 300m² 
Address: 16 Kapteijn Str. Hillbrow 2038 
City: Johannesburg 
Categories: 
Project Type: 
Completion Year: 

The Lutheran Church Outreach Foundation Community Centre is one of the first new social infrastructure projects to be built in Hillbrow since the 1970s. The project is situated within the broader Hillbrow Lutheran Church/Friedenskirche precinct, a site given to the Lutheran church by Paul Kruger at the turn of the century. The actual building site […]